Sunday, November 02, 2008

I've been busy...

Ok, I'll update... just a summary on what I do okay...

1st day:
- Reported myself to the company, the company name is XeerSoft Sdn. Bhd.
- I was assign under Eddie, Project Executive... He's a very friendly guy, teach me a lot...
- He brief me on their company organization and his current project called Roystar, a travel agency which he is currently handling...
- He teach me on how to use the invoice billing system, cause he say we'll be going to the client site (Roystar) for training, there's a lot of steps...
- Then he asked me to test the Time Attendance (TA) on XP and Vista...
- After that, join their problem sharing meeting, it's basically to share the problem they are facing and find a solution...

2nd day:
- Get my company email address and employee ID...
- Join another problem sharing meeting, this time is about reviewing the feedbacks from clients...
- Then Eddie asked me to test a script on the Roystar live server on the automatic select system that went back to the default value after saving...
- After that, do the online guidelines or FAQs on the CRM modules on Roystar live site...
- Rehearse on the invoice billing with Eddie...
- Another problem sharing session, this time about the client Roystar, the development team coding standard, Google Applications, and the forming of another new department called Application Team...

3rd day:
- Went to Roystar Headquarters at Jalan Imbi for the client training...
- We have to train their front desk individually and make sure they know how to use it...
- There's 8 people and we have to wait for each person to be free so to not interrupt their work...
- So we have to be on stand by the whole day (9.30am-6.00pm)...

4th day:
- Do the documentation and summary on the feedback from Roystar frontdesk...
- Test and insert new folders on Roystar server (SQL)...
- Test and change the allignment of the invoice billing template (HTML)...
- At 2.30pm, went to NEP Diamond water for client requirements located at South City Plaza, it's a new client, basically is to get information on their company and their operation so to suit our system, meeting ended at 5.30pm...

So, that is basically a summary on the stuff I've been doing at the company... the company has a very friendly environment and everyone does not hesitate to teach... and I learned a lot in just 4 days... especially when going out to the client site... Eddie bring me out even though I'm still new... he say just to have a look and feel on the business environment... and I really experience it... even though I don't understand more than 50% of what they are talking about... but it still a new experience for me... hahaha...

P.S.: I din online or update my blog this couple of days because I don't have my lappie with me... I went to have a look on the surrounding and environment first before deciding whether to bring my lappie with me... most probably will...

Kinda tired during weekends...
cause been lack of sleep...

No comments: